This is (or was) the parachute jump at Coney Island.
It was originally built for the 1939 World's Fair,
moved to Brooklyn in 1941, and thrilled riders until
1968—when it was closed down, but not torn down.
And it won't be because it's now on the National Register
of Historic Places. It's been called the "Eiffel Tower of
Brooklyn." Sure, it's nice, but . . . really?
[See more Skywatch pix here.]