Thursday, October 2, 2008

chez Peggy


Probably going to go by Ms. Guggenheim's little
place today, to check out her nice art collection
and pay our respects at her grave (and her yappy
little dogs') in the garden. Used to come here for
cocktails back in the early '70s. Peggy would
hold court, wearing one of her hideous
housedresses. One of the American interns gave
me grief for taking this photo of the view out the
window. Felt like telling the little pisher, "I was here
drinking prosecco with Peggy before you were born!"
(But didn't.)

5 comments:

  1. When I saw Venice, it always seemed that I was on the outside of it - all walls and locked doors and private spaces. Even then, I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious, Alexa. I'm sure you are making the best of your vacation...twits or no twits telling you what to do. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see that yuo're having such a good time !
    Since you've been in Venice in the 70th, do you find lots of changes ? Or did the Venicians (?) manage to maintain correctly the city ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo, and thre grillwork on Peggy's window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you took the photo so we get to see the view too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.