Tuesday, August 17, 2010

That's My World Tuesday



What a nice way to spend part of a gorgeous
Sunday in New York! You can catch this
schooner at South Street Seaport and sail
around the harbor for a while. Or you can
do what I did and catch the free ferry over
to Governor's Island, rent a bike, and toodle
around, stopping to take pictures like this.

[See more of the world here.]

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo. I think I would retire if I had captured that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fascinating window into a world I know nothing of.

    Thanks to your link we can see that The Smothers Brothers were born on this island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quel contraste !! Fascinant !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed Governor's Island last time; one more thing to do next time. Definitely worth the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m coming to NYC one of these days and see YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all!
    TG -- trust you to find the most interesting thing about the island.
    Virginia -- I sincerely hope so. (Then let's get on a plane and go to you-know-where!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the juxtaposition ~ almost like someone's just found their way back from the Bermuda Triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to drink rum and say, "Arrrrrrgh, arrrrrrgh!" Why is that...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.