Saturday, July 5, 2008

the bombs bursting in air . . .


The fireworks were awe-some!! Had a hard time
choosing an image. We parked ourselves in an industrial
section of Greenpoint, in Brooklyn, along with the usual
NY melting pot -- Asians, Indians, black, white -- it was
great! We had a view of three of the four barges from
which they launched (in sync) 120,000 pyrotechnics.
I know they televise it, but -- honestly -- you have to be 
there. Have I mentioned I (sometimes, anyway)
really, really love this town?
Off to Boston in a few hours for another fun wedding.
Back Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Alexa, I watched some of the NYC fireworks on TV with my kids. Fabulous! It must have been grand to be there. Glad you all were blessed with good weather and the rain stayed away. Thanks for suspending one of the magnicent moments of the show. Safe travels to Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. coltrane -- actually, it did rain a bit, but nobody seemed to mind, and of course no umbrellas were up.
    (party has moved to bridal suite, where they have wifi. of course I headed straight for PDP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love fireworks. This is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.