Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Erin go bragh!



I have not one drop of Irish blood in my
veins, but on St. Patrick's Day we're ALL
Irish! So I'll be a good sport and wear
something green. Actually, the Irish
loom rather large in NYC and we've been
celebrating for a while; there was already
a parade in Queens on the 1st, and one
on Staten Island on the 8th. At that one,
Mayor Bloomberg veered off the parade
route and visited the home of some local
residents, where he chowed down on
corned beef and cabbage and played with
their dog, Elvis. (The Manhattan parade is
still pretty political.)

5 comments:

  1. I missed your birthday Alexa... Happy Birthday!
    & I'm not Irish either but I feel much the same way. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, if they're not rockin' out with The Lone Sharks on March 17th it ain't real rock you've got in your photo. It's just sham rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm late; I was dilly-dallying. That's a very fetching photo, Alexa!

    {Very smooth, TG!}

    ReplyDelete
  4. If my ears did not deceive me, I heard that the largest St. Paddy's parade is the one held in NY!

    Nice one TG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one, TG!
    I spent the whole day (or the 10 minutes I had when I wasn't working my butt off) trying to come up with a good one of my own, but I officially give up: this is all I've got.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.