Wednesday, September 9, 2015

ABC Wednesday—I is for "Invalides"


This shot was taken from the garden behind
Auguste Rodin's house. Must say, the artist had 
a pretty nice view of Le Dôme des Invalides,
beneath which is the final resting place of 
Napoleon Bonaparte.  Oh, and there's also that 
other pointy-topped doodad peeking out 
from behind the trees on the left.

[To see more ABC posts, go here.]

6 comments:

  1. I’m grinning from ear to ear at mention of the “pointy-topped doodads.” 懐かしいなぁ!

    Those twelve kilos of gold leaf really pick up the light, don’t they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodafternoon ...

    Wonderful photo and entry for the I.

    Have a nice day
    ♫ Mel☺dy ♫
    (abc-w-team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most INTERESTING and what a beautiful dome, I hope Napoleon appreciates it,
    quite splendid!
    Best wishes,
    Di,
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of the Dôme des Invalides! Thank you!
    I wish you a great weekend
    Wil, ABCW Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pointy-topped doodad !!! Oh, my .... it's been way too long since I've seen one, and isn't this a beauty. Thank you for reminding me, Alexa. x0

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.