Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the Rialto


This fish market in Venice is one of my favorite places to take photos.  
Best time to do that is very early in the morning, before the 
market actually opens. The guy on the far right was there 
for the same reason I was—but he had a real camera.
I recently heard a nasty rumor that some folks want to 
move this market to the mainland. I wonder whose very bad
 idea that was (and I wonder how I could stop them, if ever)!

This week's Thursday Photo Challenge is "red" and 
the theme for Theme Thursday is "wonder."
  




9 comments:

  1. Great shot - sort of looks like a theatre...

    http://www.bharari.net/thursday-challenge-red/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would love to visit Venice! Looks like a grand marketplace. What great arches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful and 'Red'. Say hi to Venice! ;-)

    Nice! And really on topic of 'Red' ;-)

    Greetings from the Netherlands,
    DzjieDzjee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well worth the visit. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such rich colors and beautiful scenery! I am a new follower! Please visit me if you have time at http://nanahood.com/duck-dynasty-and-a-poodle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fish markets must be lots of fun to visit. It seems like there would be a lot of interesting characters. I actually wonder how they could possibly know the names of all the different types of fish and how much each one of them cost. But for me I doubt I would ever visit one because I do not eat fish. I have tried it but for some reason I just cannot seem to like it. But I guess I will keep trying and maybe someday I will start liking it.

    Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture with us for this weeks Theme Thursday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with lots of pictures that are full of wonder.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, merci, grazie, danke, hvala, gracias, spasibo, shukran, dhanyavaad, salamat, arigato, and muito obrigado for your much-appreciated comments.